The Artist Blacksmith
Northwinds Forge, Ltd. of Colorado Springs, Colorado is the company founded in 1994 by Butch Lee, artist blacksmith.
Our initial and continuing focus is the design and creation of distinctive, hand forged, custom ironworks of an architectural nature. This includes railings, gates, and decorative hardware. Fireplace surrounds and tooling, lighting, weathervanes, and other sculptural items are also produced by our studio.
We have been blessed to have worked with many of the most renowned modern day masters of this craft such as NEA recipient Francis Whitaker, Robb Gunter, Nahum Hersom, Frederick Crist, Clay Spencer, Peter Ross, and more. We now give back in the form of lectures and demonstrations on this craft that has so enriched our lives.
Thank you for your interest in our company![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”609″ border_color=”grey” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″]
Let’s get your project “in the works”!
Wrought Iron Design, Gates, Railings, staircase, wrought iron furniture
Northwinds Forge, Ltd. specializes in unique, hand forged metal works for both private and commercial settings. Be assured that we are focused on a customer driven approach that serves you, whether you are the owner, the architect, or the designer.
Our company can provide you with a turn key project that either utilizes your design or ours, and ends in the installation of the completed work.
You deserve nothing less than the old world craftsmanship that you will see on the following pages. Whether your need is a spectacular new railings or creating an instant focal point with a beautiful fireplace, we can help you meet that goal. You will be surprised how affordable such a dramatic change can be![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_text_separator title=”Appearances and Awards” title_align=”separator_align_center” color=”grey”][vc_empty_space height=”30px”][vc_column_text]
The artist’s works have received numerous awards and have appeared in the following:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″] [/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
- Featured on ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover – Season 3 Episode 3: The Barret Family Ranch Project. Weathervane, Brand, and Railings.
- Iron work – Dynamic Details
- Ironwork Today – Inside and Out
- Fireplace Accessories
- Luxe Magazine / Colorado – Premier Issue 2006
- Luxe Magazine / Colorado – Fall Issue – 2006
- Nomma Fabricator – Summer 2005
- National Assoc. of Homebuilders “Builder “magazine – August 2001
- Artist Blacksmiths of North America – Anvils ring – Vol. 28 – Summer 2000
- National Ornamental and Miscellaneous Metals Assoc. ( Nomma)
- International Top Job award – Exterior Forged Failing – Bronze – 2004
- International Top Job award – Interior Forged Railing – Silver – 2005
- International Top Job award –Exterior Forged Railing – Silver – 2005